For sixty years, 1822 – 1882, the Harvard (Massachusetts) community of Shakers employed non-Shaker managers to look after their upland farm in near-by Ashburnham. Used for summer pasture for livestock, the site, which consists of a house, barn, cellar holes, well, and animal pens and fields, was also a source of herbs, lumber, bark (for tanning) and trees to beautify the Harvard Community’s “Holy Hill of Zion”. This is the account of a six year archaeological investigation of the site written by Peter Timms, Joyce Clements, and Hadley Kruczek-Aaron and sponsored by the Ashburnham Historical Society. Format: This 143 page paperback is published in a 8.5” x 11” format. Publisher: The Ashburnham Historical Society, Ashburnham, Massachusetts. Original date of publication: 2006.